As one of Kent’s leading country auction houses, we hold regular monthly sales of antique furniture, fine art, porcelain and chattels, rugs, carpets, silver and jewellery (See Auction Calender for more information).
We charge a commission of 18.5% on the sale (hammer) price of the lot sold. A £3 lottage fee applies to unsold items. A limited liability fee of 1.5% is charged on all sold lots. All these charges are plus Vat at the current rate.
Please contact us if you require further information on our commission rates.
Bentley’s Fine Art Auctioneers - Conditions of Sale
1. All goods are sold with all faults and errors of description. All goods are sold and dealt with by the auctioneers on the instructions of their client or clients. The auctioneers will not be answerable for any faults, quality, weight or measurement or otherwise, of any of the sold goods, all of which matters must be settled exclusively and solely between the said client or clients and the purchasers of such goods concerned.
2. All unsold items must be removed by the vendor by the 20 of the month of the auction after which time the items will be disposed of after 6 weeks without further notice to the vendor
i)Items re-entered for auction: The auctioneers retain the right to re-enter goods and reduce the estimate/reserve. Vendors will be notified either by email, telephone or post.
Any problems give us a ring.
3. Vendors’ commission and fee charges are 18.5% commission payable on the hammer price. A £3 charge per lot applies to unsold items. A limited liability charge of 1.5% is applied to the hammer price of sold lots. All charges are subject to Vat at the current rate.
4. In the event of loss or damage to a vendor’s item prior to auction, limited liability will be paid at the lower end of estimate or reserve figure.
5. If items that have been catalogued are withdrawn by the vendor before any auction, a charge of 10% of the reserve or lower estimate will be made to cover administration costs, with a minimum charge of £10 per lot plus Vat.
6. Payments to vendors are issued 2 weeks after the sale. Payments to vendors may be delayed if full payment has not been received from the purchaser.
7. The auctioneers reserve the right to amend/alter or change vendor descriptions.
8. The auctioneers reserve the right to amend/alter or change a lot description at any time up to the point of auction.
9. All items entered for sale are offered subject to 10% auctioneer’s discretion on the reserve price.