1. Any person on the auctioneers’ premises before, during or after the sale shall be deemed to be there at his own risk. Such persons shall have no claim against the auctioneers in respect of any injury sustained or any accident which may occur from any cause whatsoever, subject always to the provisions of the Unfair Contracts Terms Act 1977.
2. All goods are sold with all faults and errors of description. All goods are sold and dealt with by the auctioneers on the instructions of their client or clients. The auctioneers will not be answerable for any faults, quality, weight or measurement or otherwise, of any of the sold goods, all of which matters must be settled exclusively and solely between the said client or clients and the purchasers of such goods concerned.
3. The highest bidder acceptable to the auctioneer shall be the buyer. The auctioneer shall have absolute discretion to settle any dispute which arises and to refuse bids or to advance the bidding as seen fit.
4. Any items damaged or broken accidentally or otherwise during viewing days or auction days must be paid for at the valuation set by the auctioneer.
5. Payment can be made by cash, bankers draft, building society, debit or credit card (See Payment point 4. for details of card surcharges). Buyers paying by cheque must be prepared for the cheque to clear before taking possession of the goods from the auctioneers.
6. All items must be removed at the buyer’s risk within three days (unless other arrangements have been made with the auctioneer).
7. All unsold items must be removed by the vendor by the 20th of the month of the auction (unless the auctioneer has agreed to re-entry of the items) after which time the items will remain on the premises at the vendor’s risk and disposed of after 6 weeks if not collected without further notice to the vendor.
i) Items re-entered for auction : The auctioneers retain the right to re-enter goods and reduce the estimate/reserve. Vendors will be notified either by email, telephone or post.
8. The auctioneers will, on the buyers written instructions, execute bids on their behalf, but neither the auctioneer nor his employees or agents shall be liable for any neglect in doing so or failure to do so.
9. The buyer shall pay a fee of 18.5% plus VAT to the auctioneer when purchasing goods from auction. Additional surcharges may apply subject to method of payment. Our VAT Registration No. is 683 4311 35.
10. Bentley’s Fine Art Auctioneers will supply basic condition reports with photographs to assist with evaluation. Condition reports are given by what can be seen by the naked eye. If you require to know the detailed condition of any item in a forthcoming auction, please either view the item yourself or delegate someone to view it for you.
11. Vendors’ commission and fee charges are 18.5% commission payable on the hammer price. A £3 charge per lot applies to unsold items. A limited liability charge of 1.5% is applied to the hammer price of sold lots. All charges are subject to Vat at the current rate.
12. In the event of loss or damage to a vendor’s item prior to auction, limited liability will be paid at the lower end of estimate or reserve figure.
13. If items that have been catalogued are withdrawn by the vendor before any auction, a charge of 10% of the reserve or lower estimate will be made to cover administration costs, with a minimum charge of £10 per lot plus Vat.
14. Payments to vendors are issued 2 weeks after the sale. Payments to vendors may be delayed if full payment has not been received from the purchaser.
15. The auctioneers reserve the right to amend/alter or change vendor descriptions.
16. The auctioneers reserve the right to amend/alter or change a lot description at any time up to the point of auction.
17. All items entered for sale are offered subject to 10% auctioneer’s discretion on the reserve price.
18. Bentley’s reserve the right to request deposits from new buyers for goods with an individual estimated hammer price of £1,000 and over. In the event of a purchase of an item(s) any deposit taken becomes non-refundable and will be forfeit if full payment is not received by 3 weeks from the date of the auction in which the item(s) were purchased.
1. ALL ITEMS PURCHASED MUST BE PAID FOR PREFERABLY ON THE DAY OF THE SALE, OR, IF NOT, BY CLOSE OF BUSINESS ON THE WEDNESDAY IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING THE SALE. BENTLEY'S RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CHARGE UP TO 1% INTEREST PER WEEK ON THE FULL AMOUNT OWED, ON PAYMENTS MADE AFTER THIS.
2. Cash – sterling only.
3. Cheques - Buyers paying by cheque must be prepared for the cheque to clear before taking possession of the goods purchased.
4. Debit card/Credit card* (conditions apply) is acceptable. Please note, however, that there is a surcharge of 2% on all UK credit card transactions, on any premium rate card and all international card transactions.
* We do NOT accept debit or credit card payments where the cardholder is not present over £250.00. Where the buyer is unable to make payment in person over £250 payment must be made by bank transfer, cash or cheque.
5. Banker’s draft is acceptable.
6. Payments to vendors are issued 21 days after the auction, but may be delayed if full payment has not been received from the buyer.
1. Subject to satisfactory payment, all purchased items should be removed by the Friday immediately following the sale. All items remaining on the premises after this time shall be removed and Bentleys reserve the right to charge storage fees from £5.00 per lot per day.
2. All unsold items must be removed from the premises by the vendor by the 20th of the month of the auction (unless the auctioneer has agreed to re-entry of the items). After this time the items will be disposed of without further notice. Please note that items with no reserve may be re-entered at the auctioneer's discretion.
3. Under no circumstances can goods be cleared until cleared funds have been received in full.
Bentleys Auction Rooms offer an online bidding service via the-saleroom.com for bidders who cannot attend the sale.
In completing the bidder registration on www.the-saleroom.com and providing your debit or credit card details and unless alternative arrangements are agreed with Bentleys Auction Rooms:
1. authorise Bentleys Auction Rooms, if they so wish, to charge the debit or credit card given in full payment, including all fees, for items successfully purchased in the auction via the-saleroom.com, and
2. Confirm that you are authorised to provide these debit or credit card details to Bentleys Auction Rooms through www.the-saleroom.com and agree that Bentleys Auction Rooms are entitled to ship the goods to the card holder name and card holder address provided in fulfilment of the sale.
Please note that any lots purchased via the-saleroom.com live auction service will be subject to an additional 3% commission charge + VAT at the rate imposed on the hammer price.
PACKING, SHIPPING, & STORAGE CHARGES
1. We do not offer in-house packing, despatch and shipping. We recommend Mailbox:
2. All buyers must arrange collection of their goods within 7 days of the relevant auction. After which Bentley's reserve the right to charge storage of £5 per day and goods will not be released until this has been paid.
3. Bentley’s Ltd will not be held responsible for any loss or damage to items due to circumstances beyond their control.